You may be wondering what type of wall decor you should put in your entryway. Well, it depends on your personal preference and your budget. In this article, we’ll discuss how to choose the right wall decor and storage options for your entryway. Plants and storage options are also important factors to consider when designing your entryway. Ultimately, these elements will determine the overall look and feel of your entryway. The following are some ideas to help you get started:
Entryway Wall Decor Color
- A neutral color is great for an entryway, but a bold, statement wall can set the tone for the rest of the house. Blue is a particularly calming color, and is also an excellent choice for entryway wall decor. Consider combining bold colors with neutrals for a more sophisticated look. If space is limited, a bench with an accent pillow is the perfect option. You can also use an entire wall as an artistic display by hanging removable wallpaper. To make a room more inviting, consider adding a small table with storage space for items you want to display in the entryway.
- If your entryway is small, consider a bold pop of color in the walls. Wallpaper that is patterned in multiple layers can add visual interest without overwhelming guests. Choosing a neutral color such as beige or off-white can help your entryway appeal to guests with different interior tastes, while using a bold, vibrant wallpaper can draw attention to the walls and make the room look more spacious. Choose a wallpaper that is complementary to other elements, like the furniture and lighting.
- Choose a paint color that corresponds to your compass direction. For example, the southwest and northeast compass directions are governed by green and brown. If you have an entryway facing west, a light green wall will enhance the energy in the area. Gray and silver are also good options for neutral walls, and both will add a modern and soothing feel. Yellow is warm and welcoming, and many people associate blue with the sky.
Entryway Wall Decor Style
- If you’re looking for some entryway wall decor ideas, you’ve come to the right place. You can use a collage of wall accessories and paintings to create a stunning welcome wall. These pieces can also be a conversation starter. There are many other ways to decorate the walls of your entryway. Read on for some of the best options. Here are some of my favorites:
- Go with a contemporary design. For a more contemporary look, use a combination of classic and modern elements. The rug lends a traditional feel to the room, while the wall-mounted sconces highlight the photos. If you have white walls, consider a wood accent to add natural warmth. To create a minimalist look, choose light wood, light colors, and white or light-colored accents. Depending on your style, you may want to mix and match the various wall decor elements in your entryway.
- Table lamps add height and volume to any wall decor set. They are an ideal accent piece, because they provide ambient lighting while highlighting a bold background wall. A table lamp can also add color to the room. There are many different types of table lamps to choose from, so you can choose one that best suits the theme of your entryway. It can be an elegant or simple piece of art, or something completely different. Either way, you’ll be happy with the results!
- Adding storage in the entryway is a good idea for many homes. Not only is it functional, but it can also be attractive. Here are some creative ideas for entryway storage. A 26-inch-wide organizer with a bench and shelves can fit on a 2-foot wall. A last-look mirror can have hooks for face masks and keys, as well as a small shelf for hand sanitizer and disinfection wipes. A hall tree, which can be divided into cubbies, will neatly display every pair of shoes.
- Another creative storage idea is a bench, which doubles as a seating and shoe storage. A storage bench is an ideal choice in an entryway because it can be hidden behind sliding doors. This versatile piece features a leather cushion and brass hardware. It is the perfect landing spot. And the bench has cubbies below for your shoes. A simple, yet effective, entryway bench with storage can make a statement.
- Entrances are tricky spaces to organize, and often end up being the focal point for clutter. But with clever storage ideas, you can transform a cluttered entryway into an organized landing space. You can find wall decor for any style and budget. Take a look at some examples of entryway wall decor to get some ideas for your own home. You will be surprised by how much more you can get done in just a few hours!
- A plant will add natural beauty to your entryway and liven up the room. Plants are a great choice for the entryway since they do not require a large space and are very low-maintenance. Plants will provide natural light and can add more than one source of light. For entryways that are small and have limited space, consider adding a plant with a mirror over it. The rounded leaves of a plant are very inviting and will brighten the entryway.
- The fiddle-leaf fig tree is a lovely choice for the entryway. While these trees are low maintenance and do not require too much care, they do need to be watered weekly. In the meantime, faux fig trees will look beautiful and require little maintenance. Areca palms are great for entryway wall decor because they purify the air and are pet-friendly. They also look good on the floor.
- For a more modern entryway, consider a plant-filled shelf. These shelves make a great visual impact in any room, but they look especially good in the entryway. A potted giant like this will make a statement. A simple potted planter will be fine, but a large stone planter can make a bold statement. Alternatively, you can use a trailing plant like the Cebu Blue Pothos.
- If you want to make your entryway appear larger and brighter, mirrors are the perfect option. A mirror above a bench is an interesting trend that adds character to the entryway while keeping the room uncluttered. In addition, animal-themed mirrors are on-trend, as is a mirror with antlers by Design Sponge. No matter what type of mirror you choose, you’re sure to find a style that fits the character of your home.
- When choosing a mirror for your entryway, keep in mind that you don’t want the mirror to reflect the door itself. If you’re hanging a mirror on the wall, make sure it’s not a reflection of the doorway, or it may overpower the rest of your entryway decor. A more neutral design, such as a neutral color scheme, is best for an entryway. If you’re unsure of your design style, you can always use fabric or other material to cover it. Mirrors that don’t work for your entryway should be removed and donated.
- When choosing mirrors for your entryway, consider what kind of light the room gets. Light coming from windows and open doors can bounce off the mirror to create a lovely focal point. In addition to reflecting light, mirrors can help you see yourself better when you’re leaving your home. It also helps to provide additional security. Mirrors for entryway wall decor are also useful as a way to draw attention to a specific area of your decor.
A floating shelf adds an elegant touch to any space. You can hang a framed portrait or a large canvas print of your family to create a beautiful statement. Floating shelves are great for storing smaller items as well. Adding a mirror to your entryway wall decor also adds a classic touch. A round mirror will create a contrasting contrast with the clean lines of the wall decor. Additionally, mirrors are a practical decor item that can easily be painted to fit changing tastes. A modern home could use a gold mirror while a farmhouse home could have a black one.
You can choose a wooden floating shelf to feature in your entryway. This type of shelf is very versatile and can accommodate nearly anything. To give it a rustic look, choose white pottery and hardwood floors. A thick wooden shelf will be a good alternative to cabinetry. And if you’re looking for a more modern look, consider a rounded shelf that looks like a top hat.
Floating shelves have the same benefits as traditional shelves. They provide the same amount of display and storage space as a traditional shelf. And you can choose the size, thickness, and style to match the rest of your decor. You can also display your favorite artwork on floating shelves. And you can easily find unique wall shelves online. There are more than 51 designs for floating shelves that you can select from. They are an affordable, chic way to update the look of your entryway.